Sunday, January 9, 2011

"We all take different paths in life...

...but no matter where we go, we take a little of each other everywhere."


With the start of this new year, I've been binge cleaning, reorganizing, and compartmentalizing. As I lay out my shoes and hang up my new jewelry, my mind wanders to different parts of my life that also needs some cleaning, reorganizing, and compartmentalizing. 

As I cycle through the faces and places I've seen in 2010, I feel overwhelmed with nostalgia and fear that my little human brain would not be able to hold onto memories of all the lovely souls that I've crossed paths with. Remember you once wrote in someone's yearbook to "We'll always be best friends! Keep in touch!" Remember you once were inseparable with them. Remember you once told yourself "I'll never forget." Do you remember? Is it okay if you don't? 

What is the balance of holding onto the old, but still making room for the new??? 

Now, I normally don't make resolutions, but in 2011 I am resolving to dust off the memories and build shelves to make room for more. Many, many more. 

So as we go through 2011, please remind me to dust and clean. I sometimes may need a nudge, but I haven't forgotten you.

No comments:

Post a Comment